Professionals working in today’s international business environment need to communicate confidently, accurately and effectively in English. This course is a comprehensive introduction to business vocabulary, case studies, effective communication, and overall concepts and practices in the English-speaking business environment. A Business Certificate will be awarded upon completion.
The average class size is 5-12 students.
For a full-time Business English program, there are 24 hours of lessons per week. (for F-1 students only)
For a part-time Business English program, there are 16 hours of lessons per week. (for B or ESTA visa students)
The Business English program is a comprehensive introduction to business vocabulary, case studies, resume building, interview techniques, effective communication, and overall concepts and practices in the English-speaking business environment. A Business Certificate will be awarded upon completion.
- You will learn the office communication skills – speaking and writing – in English you need to be successful in international business. Telephoning, email, presentation, and meeting skills are taught while you are immersed in realistic business simulations! You will forget you are learning English!
- You will learn the fundamental marketing skills you need to be successful in international business in English. You will create a marketing strategy for an international company learning the 5 P’s of marketing, and how to do competitive, SWOT, and market size analyses.
- You will learn core customer service skills you can use on any job in international business. You will learn how to handle customer requests and complaints via telephone, text, and face to face in realistic business scenarios. You will forget you are learning English!
- You will learn the skills you need to be successful at every step in the sales process. You will be immersed in a realistic sales scenario and practice English for cold calling, trade show booths, and sales presentations. You will forget you are learning English!
- You will define your job search, refine your resume and elevator pitch and practice interviewing skills. We want you to be successful in your job and in your career!
Danielle Rowley, IMBA
Ms. Rowley is Founder and CEO of BizProfi.com. She has been providing executive communication solutions to multinational corporations in Europe, Asia, and the US for more than 20 years.
Her clients have included: Hyundai, Coca-Cola, Samsung, Danske Bank, Deutsche Leasing, Qualcomm, and others.
“I studied in the Business English program for two months. Each moment was amazing. During my business classes, we discussed essential business topics in English. I also got many chances to enhance my confidence speaking in English by interacting with staff and other students. During the business English program, I gained the ability to communicate effectively in a business context. I also learned how to write a resume in English, as well as learn how to interview for jobs in English. As my next step, I will be doing my internship, which I am really looking forward to.”
Hyunji J., South Korea
“I am really interested in studying business at an American college or university, so I have been attending Q International School’s Business English program. I think our teachers are very qualified and have many real experiences related to the business environment. In classes we are able to practice Skype interviews, do case studies, create business plans, and learn how to take part in business meetings. I feel that after this program I’ll be ready to go to a college or university, because I have gained so much confidence in communicating in English on a more professional level.”
Tanja B., Germany